Wozniak is a post rock band based out of Edinburgh that have found inspiration from all over the world to craft their latest EP, Pikes Peak.
The album, named after a mountain in Colorado, will be released on June 9 by Morningside Young Team Records. The album features tracks inspired by Barcelona, Berlin and Japan.
Wozniak say that these inter-continental inspirations reflect wide musical horizons and a tendency to create tunes that edge towards epic.
The band creates large, luscious sonic landscapes utilizing volume, distortion, reverb and delay. Or as they say on their Facebook page, “working hard to cause terminal tinnitus…” (Actually that happened to me back in the early 90’s with back to back shows of Skinny Puppy and Sisters of Mercy, but, I digress.) Their sound is stunning with bold drumming, ringing guitars and giant walls of sound.
Pikes Peak was recorded at The Depot in Edinburgh by Broken Records’ Craig Ross. The track listing and descriptions are as follows:
• El Maresme: woozy reverb and vocals evoke a heat-hazy Barcelona.
• Paper Hat: intertwining melodies and compelling rhythm, like a night-time drive in Osaka.
• Kreuzberg: hypnotic layers of guitar, distorted bass and driving drums, straight off the U-Bahn.
• Columbo’s Car: cosmic fuzz-filled psych odyssey.
• Gesamtkunstwerk: eerie, emotional and abstract beauty.
Strawberry Tongue Radio is pleased to be featuring the track El Maresme by Wozniak.
You can pick up Pikes Peak – EP – Wozniak on iTunes.