Friday Night Five Archives
Archive of Friday Night Five
- Razorline, Inhalt, Honey Beard, I Tpame I Tvrame, Dyr Fraser and bonus tracks from The Baby Seals, Dulio and Dream Drunk
- Q1 Roundup | Strawberry Tongue’s favorite 25 tracks of the year, so far!
March 24, 2017
- Sorry, no show. Blown out shoulder. :/
- The Shifts, Static Mask, Soviet Soviet, Orsak:Oslo, Heart Years and bonus tracks from UFO, Ohyeahsumi and Vassals.
- Dead Amps, Dear Baby Deer, Fragrance, Texture and Light, Secret Destroyers and bonus tracks from Mic Raygun, Spirit Twin and Ben Neill & Mimi Goese
- Overland Inn, PRIYYAA, Dominic Carlton Jones, Heavy Heart and my classic pick Japan.
- After Death Party, Fawns of Love, Fake Your Own Death, Chris J Connolly, Death in June and bonus tracks from The Grey Merchant, Phantom Tails and PVT.
- Erin at Eleven, Cowards, The Standby, Armstong, Mircochip Terror with bonus tracks from Mykel Jordan Tattoo, Xeresa and Antipole
- Bad News From Cosmos, Perpacity, Dallas Cosmas, Black Tape For A Blue Girl, His Name Is Alive and bonus tracks from La Bête Blooms and Sorority.
- Black Needle Noise, Daniel Triana, Winded, Cesium Swimsuit, The Legendary Pink Dots, and a bonus track from Equinox.
- Rachel Mason, Echo Arcadia, Stereo, Beatastic, Magnetic Ghost and a bonus track from Blushing.
- An homage to the women of Strawberry Tongue.
- Due to a heavy travel schedule this week, we did a throwback show feauring five classics including The Cure, Cocteau Twins, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Lowlife, Sisters of Mercy and bonus tracks from Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Swain, Screens 4 Eyes, My Great Blue Cadillac, Ben Neill, Vukovar and bonus tracks from 28 Costumes, James Kruman and Cascadia Fault Line.
- Let’s kick this dumpster fire of a year off the cliff with 100 of our favorite singles of the past year.
- It’s the eve before Christmas Eve. Happy whatever, peeps.
- They Called Him Zone, The Black Fever, Elmer & The Ceramic Trees, Levy and Minneapolis’ own Arcwelder.
Tribute playlist for “Ghost Ship” victims. Bands included each lost at least one member to he deadly fire on December 2, 2016. Includes Paralycyst, Cherusii, Ghost of Lightning, Nackt, Them Are Us Too and Introflirt.
- Christine Plays Viola, Perralobo, Blood Romance, Ipanema Cosmonauts and Little Nemo.
- This Human Condition, Nova Et Vetera, The March Violets, Castle Black and The Black Veils
- The Doctors, Roya, The Faint, i Tpame i Tvrame and Xiu Xiu.
- Crispy Ambulance, Black Swan Lane, Dear Deer, Modern English, Ski Patrol and three Leonard Cohen covers.
- The Eve, The Foreign Resort, The Wolfhounds, Area and Hermetrik
- VvvV, The Thought Criminals, TheUse, Pete Burns projects of Dead or Alive and Nightmares in Wax and three artists from the emerging experimental label Sophisticat Records including Eraser Eraser, Umperbow and Orba
- T.K. Bollinger and That Sinking Feeling, Rodney Cromwell, Soft Ledges, Trevor Something and The Sound
- Low, The Suncharms, Antenna Tony Monorail, Sjöblom and Sky Between Leaves
- Top Five Picks for Q3: Odonis Odonis, Traitrs, The Dearly Bereft, Graveyard Club, Undertheskin
- Switzerland focus part III: Sudden Infant, The Young Gods, Yodler Killers, The Bastards and Dimensione
- Elwell, Privacy/Policy, Juxta, Jugem’s Cloud and The Soft Moon
- Folk Devils, Map of the Moon, IX, Charles de Goal and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
- Idle Vision, Graveyard Club, Sorority, Kaamosmasennus and Vorderhaus.
- Labor Day Weekend extravaganza. My personal favorite track from every artist featured on Strawberry Tongue in 2016.
- Paisaje 3, Verna Hark, Tobacco, La Casa al Mare and Lemonade Kid.
- The Intelligence Service, Surface Hoar, Maheekats, Lake Ruth and Children of Leir.
- Ophiuco, Onemanstanding, Chelsey and the Noise, Nadicomo, Tapes and Tubes and a bonus track from Introflirt.
- BOO (Battery Operated Orchestra), Flash Zero, Fragile Tom, Neurotic Wreck, Wild Beasts and a bonus track from The Battles of Winter.
- Switzerland Focus Part II: Emilie Zoe, Schwarz, The Churchill Garden, Touch and Verena Von Horsten.
- Controlled Collapse, Siekeira, Hände, Undertheskin, Monstergod and a bonus track from Michał Rutkowski.
- S T F U, Rakta, mnttaB, Guns of the Seneca, Ryan Evans and bonus tracks from Mathew Dear.
- My top five for April, May and June include: Odonis Odonis, Liyv, Goldbarne, Feeding Fingers, Winter 1982. Bonus tracks tonight from Section 25.
- Traitrs, Solemn Shapes, Audiodeluxe, Honey Beard, The Dearly Bereft and bonus tracks from Love is All.
- New Apostles, New Zero God, Magic Mountain, Joao Bispo, Niku No Sekai and Benji24.
- Odonis Odonis, 50FootWave, Shadows and Mirrors, Tuath and Radiomun.
June 10, 2016
- Sorry, no show this week
June 3, 2016
- Sorry, no show this week
- The Battles of Winter, The Harrow, Maths and the Moon, Asylum Party & Modern English
- Switzerland Focus Part I: Kleenex/Liliput, L’Arbre Bizarre, Goldbarne, We Invented Paris and Anoraque.
- Liyv, Sykoya, Night Drive, Feral Love and A.R. Kane.
- Artists include: Ghost Noise, Ask for Joy, We Draw A, Killwave and Plasticon.
- Artists include: Feeding Fingers, Adryelle, Schillaci Death Stare, I Tpame I Tvrame and Starfinder
- My top five for 2016, so far! Artists include: Book of Giants, Year of the Kite, Winter 1982, I, Us & We and Introflirt.
- Artists include: Rive Droite Rive Gauche, Andy Elwell, H ø R D, Secret Destroyers & Schonwald.
- Artists include: Winter 1982, Autolux, Vissuda, Whispering Sons and Paisley Reich.
- Artists include: Book of Giants, Dot Dash, Gloss, The Autumn Stones and The Body
- Artists this week include; Introflirt, Antipole, Downhill Willows, Voderhaus and Repulsar.
- Artists this week include: The Year of the Kite, New Age Healers, Armaud, Breathless and The Raudive.
- Artists this week include: John Foxx, Adult, Lillies on Mars, Chameleons and Matthew Dear.
- Artists this week include: Velleitie, Michał Rutkowski, I, Us & We, Grace Vanderkuhm and The Black Heart Procession
Friday Night Five is a weekly series featuring emerging artists alongside obscure and established classic artists Be sure to tune in to Strawberry Tongue Radio at 19:00, 21:00 and 23:00 EDT to hear selected tracks from each of these bands and be sure to visit their websites for more information about their latest work and to purchase their tracks. Also, be sure to listen to Strawberry Tongue Radio to hear our unique playlist featuring current and classic artists playing post punk, new wave, indie, electronic and experimental music.